FOR EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES THAT TOM CRUISE WAS MISCAST AS LESTAT, THIS IS YOUR PLACE. AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, GO READ THE BOOK. OR GO SEE THE MOVIE.

THIS IS WHERE WE FANTASY CAST BOOKS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE INTO MOVIES, AND BOOKS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT EVER BECOME MOVIES. WHETHER THEY SHOULD OR NOT IS A WHOLE OTHER BLOG. AND IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S

1.10.2013

I've been reading, but my casting juices seem to have dried up

Since my last post - about a year ago? - I've read about a hundred books. Many of them were good, and some not so much. But for some reason, not a single one of them inspired me to cast the movie in my head.


Here's a partial list of what I've read. If anyone wants to throw out a name for a cast member or two, maybe that will get me going. Or, cast an entire book or two, and I'll publish it for you here, with credit of course!
  • Abducted by Theresa Ragan
  • Absolute Liability by J.W. Becton
  • Adios, Scheherazade by Donald E. Westlake
  • Adjourned by Lee Goldberg
  • Billionaires, Bullets, Exploding Monkeys by Mike Attebery
  • Black Cross by Greg Iles
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • Breakpoint by Richard A. Clarke
  • Buck Fever by Ben Rehder
  • Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • Dance of the Winnebagos by Ann Charles
  • The Dirty Parts of the Bible by Sam Torode
  • Easy Innocence by Libby Fischer Hellmann
  • Fall of the Citizens by Eric Thomas
  • Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • The Grimm Curse by Stephen Carpenter
  • I'm Gonna Live My Life Like a Jimmy Buffett Song by Anthony Bjorklund
  • Julius Katz and Archie by Dave Zeltserman
  • The Life and Loves of a She-Devil by Fay Weldon
  • Loss by Glen Krisch
  • The Man Who Wrote Dirty Books by Hal Dresner
  • Skin Deep by Kathleen Cross
  • Snake Skin by C.J. Lyons
  • Summer People by Aaron Stander
Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment